Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Build HTML documentation using XSLT stylesheets by default

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Build HTML documentation using XSLT stylesheets by default
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Pavel Stehule wrote:

> It does much more intensive work with IO - I have feeling like there are
> intensive fsync.

You could prove that, by running "make html" under "strace -f -e
trace=fsync" etc.  I just tried that, and I don't see any fsync.  I
guess you could try other syscalls, or simply "-e trace=file".  Doing
the latter I noticed an absolutely stupid number of attempts to open
file
/usr/lib/libxslt-plugins/nwalsh_com_xslt_ext_com_nwalsh_saxon_UnwrapLinks.so
which deserves a WTF.