Re: Autonomous Transaction (WIP)

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Autonomous Transaction (WIP)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 3:41 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

On 07 April 2014 12:12, Pavel Stehule wrote:

>+1 for feature

Thanks

>-1 for Oracle syntax - it is hardly inconsistent with Postgres

We can discuss and come out with the syntax based on everyone agreement.

>Autonomous transactions should be used everywhere - not only in plpgsql

Yes you are right. I am not planning to support only using plpgsql.  Initially we can support this

Using the standalone SQL-commands and then later we can enhance based on this infrastructure

to be used using plpgsql, triggers.

ok

long time I though about this feature.

I am thinking so this should be fully isolated transaction - it should not be subtransaction, because then you can break database consistency - RI

I am missing something here, but how does making it a subtransaction break consistency? Isnt that what should actually be happening so that the autonomous transaction's changes are actually visible till the parent transaction commits?

commit of autonomous transaction doesn't depends on outer transaction. So anything what you can do, should be independent on outer transaction.

Pavel

What am I missing here?

Regards,

Atri