Re: Recommendation for upgrading from PostgreSQL 9.3

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Recommendation for upgrading from PostgreSQL 9.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

po 12. 11. 2018 v 10:18 odesílatel Karl Martin Skoldebrand <KS0C77263@techmahindra.com> napsal:

Are there any recommendations regarding upgrading from PG 9.3 to 9.6 or 10.x?

I found a few changes at https://severalnines.com/blog/upgrading-your-database-to-postgresql-version-10 but are there more things to keep in mind regarding changes in scripts/queries that might affect an already existing application? Should we stop at 9.6 or go 10.x considering that 10.x seems almost about a year old, and 11.x is out there.

I have limited experience with PG so far, but quite long experience with MySQL and OSS in general.

There are not reasons, why don't use PostgreSQL 10.

Regards

Pavel

Best regards,

Martin Skjoldebrand

Disclaimer:  This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html internally within TechMahindra.