Re: Race condition in recovery?

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: Race condition in recovery?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 11:13 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> # Wait until the node exits recovery.
> $standby->poll_query_until('postgres', "SELECT pg_is_in_recovery() = 'f';")
> or die "Timed out while waiting for promotion";
>
> I will try to generate a version for 9.6 based on this idea and see how it goes

I have changed for as per 9.6 but I am seeing some crash (both
with/without fix), I could not figure out the reason, it did not
generate any core dump, although I changed pg_ctl in PostgresNode.pm
to use "-c" so that it can generate core but it did not generate any
core file.

This is log from cascading node (025_stuck_on_old_timeline_cascade.log)
-------------
cp: cannot stat
‘/home/dilipkumar/work/PG/postgresql/src/test/recovery/tmp_check/data_primary_52dW/archives/000000010000000000000003’:
No such file or directory
WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back
the current transaction and exit, because another server process
exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and
repeat your command.
FATAL:  could not receive database system identifier and timeline ID
from the primary server: server closed the connection unexpectedly
                before or while processing the request.

The attached logs are when I ran without a fix.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

Вложения