Re: Race condition in recovery?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Race condition in recovery?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 4:47 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have changed for as per 9.6 but I am seeing some crash (both
> with/without fix), I could not figure out the reason, it did not
> generate any core dump, although I changed pg_ctl in PostgresNode.pm
> to use "-c" so that it can generate core but it did not generate any
> core file.

I think the problem is here:

Can't locate object method "lsn" via package "PostgresNode" at
t/025_stuck_on_old_timeline.pl line 84.

When that happens, it bails out, and cleans everything up, doing an
immediate shutdown of all the nodes. The 'lsn' method was added by
commit fb093e4cb36fe40a1c3f87618fb8362845dae0f0, so it only appears in
v10 and later. I think maybe we can think of back-porting that to 9.6.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com