Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 2:50 PM Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:

> On 17/06/2021 08:45, Dilip Kumar wrote:
> > Another problem with directly scanning the directory is, how we
> > are supposed to get the "relpersistence" which is stored in pg_class
> > tuple right?
>
> You only need relpersistence if you want to use the buffer cache, right?
> I think that's a good argument for not using it.

Yeah, that is the one place,  another place I am using it to decide
whether to WAL log the new page while writing into the target
relfilenode, if it is unlogged relation then I am not WAL logging. But
now, I think that is not the right idea, during creating the database
we should WAL log all the pages irrespective of whether the table is
logged or unlogged.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar