От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: row filtering for logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 12:04 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> One possibility in this regard could be that we enhance Replica
> Identity .. Include (column_list) where all the columns in the include
> list won't be sent

Instead of RI's include column list why we can not think of
row_filter's columns list?  I mean like we log the old RI column can't
we make similar things for the row filter columns?  With that, we
don't have to all the columns instead we only log the columns which
are in row filter, or is this too hard to identify during write
operation?  So now the WAL logging requirement for RI and row filter
is orthogonal and if some columns are common then we can log only
once?

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar