Re: [HACKERS] Custom compression methods

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Custom compression methods
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 12:31 AM Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 01:16:31PM +0530, Dilip Kumar wrote:

> >> I have added the next patch to support the compression options.  I am
> >> storing the compression options only for the latest compression
> >> method.  Basically, based on this design we would be able to support
> >> the options which are used only for compressions.  As of now, the
> >> compression option infrastructure is added and the compression options
> >> for inbuilt method pglz and the external method zlib are added.  Next,
> >> I will work on adding the options for the lz4 method.
> >
> >In the attached patch set I have also included the compression option
> >support for lz4.  As of now, I have only supported the acceleration
> >for LZ4_compress_fast.  There is also support for the dictionary-based
> >compression but if we try to support that then we will need the
> >dictionary for decompression also.  Since we are only keeping the
> >options for the current compression methods, we can not support
> >dictionary-based options as of now.
> >

> OK, thanks. Do you have any other plans to improve this patch series? I
> plan to do some testing and review, but if you're likely to post another
> version soon then I'd wait a bit.

There was some issue in create_compression_method.sgml and the
drop_compression_method.sgml was missing.  I have fixed that in the
attached patch.  Now I am not planning to change anything soon so you
can review.  Thanks.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar