Re: [HACKERS] Custom compression methods

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Custom compression methods
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 01:16:31PM +0530, Dilip Kumar wrote:

>> I have added the next patch to support the compression options.  I am
>> storing the compression options only for the latest compression
>> method.  Basically, based on this design we would be able to support
>> the options which are used only for compressions.  As of now, the
>> compression option infrastructure is added and the compression options
>> for inbuilt method pglz and the external method zlib are added.  Next,
>> I will work on adding the options for the lz4 method.
>
>In the attached patch set I have also included the compression option
>support for lz4.  As of now, I have only supported the acceleration
>for LZ4_compress_fast.  There is also support for the dictionary-based
>compression but if we try to support that then we will need the
>dictionary for decompression also.  Since we are only keeping the
>options for the current compression methods, we can not support
>dictionary-based options as of now.

OK, thanks. Do you have any other plans to improve this patch series? I
plan to do some testing and review, but if you're likely to post another
version soon then I'd wait a bit.

regards

Сообщение: Re: Add important info about ANALYZE after create Functional Index
Сообщение: Re: Add important info about ANALYZE after create Functional Index