Re: [Extern] Re: Is a logical replication crash recovery safe?

От GF
Тема Re: [Extern] Re: Is a logical replication crash recovery safe?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Markus,
Yesterday EDB published the (open source) pg_failover_slots extension, aimed at pushing logical slot information on standbys: without it, that information is kept on the master only, so you have to rebuild the logical replication topology on switch/fail-overs.
Obviously, if the promoted server is outdated wrt to the lost master, you could still have problems with subscriptions, although there some configuration that tries to address that problem too (standby_slots_min_confirmed).
For the moment being you can find the documentation at EDB's docs, and the sources at github.com/EnterpriseDB/pg_failover_slots. I hope the extension will make quickly its way to PGDG as prebuilt packages.
Best,

On Tue, 24 Jan 2023 at 17:08, Zwettler Markus (OIZ) <Markus.Zwettler@zuerich.ch> wrote:
> [...]

Sorry. Let me refine.

If I create a logical replication slot and use the replication slot to publish some tables.

Will the information in the replication slot be safe for any subscription even if a crash recovery happened on the publisher node?