Re: Diagnosing poor insert performance in production?

От Wei Shan
Тема Re: Diagnosing poor insert performance in production?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,

Could you provide more details please for us to help.

1. table definition
2. insert command
3. explain plan

Thanks!

On 10 June 2015 at 03:20, Kay <kay@9cloud.us> wrote:
Where can I look to if I'm trying to diagnose poor insert performance?

The database is behind a pgbouncer instance receiving on average ~1100
requests per second. It's read heavy, but has the occasional insert. I'd
estimate about 20-50 per minute.

In the past few days, we loaded a large amount of rows into the database
(about 5 million on one table, 5  million on another, etc.) and now insert
performance is poor on all tables... even tables that didn't get data loaded
into them.

I thought insert performance only went down when you try to concurrently
insert a lot of data, because each insert has to wait on the other in the
case of an auto-incrementing index. So I'm kind of lost here.... does anyone
have any clues of what I should be looking at?