PostgreSQL 9.3 - No logs while after failover in streaming replication

От Wei Shan
Тема PostgreSQL 9.3 - No logs while after failover in streaming replication
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all,

Below is my test setup.
  • Redhat 6.4
  • Postgres-9.3
  • Stream replication (1 master to 1 slave)
I performed a failover by creating the trigger file on slave, without shutting down the master server. I could only verify that the slave was promoted to master via pg_is_in_recovery(). There was no logging in pg_log that provides additional information on the failover.

Is this the intended behaviour or am I doing something wrongly? I understand there's a log level configuration, what are you guys running in your production environment?

Thanks!

--
Regards,
Ang Wei Shan