Re: refreshing a database with pg_dump and psql

От Wei Shan
Тема Re: refreshing a database with pg_dump and psql
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

I think he meant to keep a development database  in sync with the production database.

On 27 May 2015 7:36 am, "David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tuesday, May 26, 2015, Rossi, Maria <maria.rossi@us.pgds.com> wrote:

I have a database that was created from a ‘pg_dump –C’.  No problems there.  Then  I ran the pg_dump  again, this time without the –C. and tried to load it.   But   got a bunch of ‘object already exist’.

Can’t I refresh an existing database from a plain pg_dump?  Is  there an option that I have to use?

You should probably expound on what you mean by "refresh".

David J.

Сообщение: Re: refreshing a database with pg_dump and psql
Сообщение: Re: refreshing a database with pg_dump and psql