FTS with more than one language in body and with unknown query language?

От Stefan Keller
Тема FTS with more than one language in body and with unknown query language?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I have a text corpus which contains either German or English docs and
I expect queries where I don't know if it's German or English. So I'd
like e.g. that a query "forest" matches "forest" in body_en but also
"Wald" in body_de.

I created a table with attributes body_en and body_de (type "text"). I
will use ts_vector/ts_query on the fly (don't need yet an index
(attributes)).

* Can FTS handle this multilingual situation?
* How to setup a text search configuration which e.g. stems en and de words?
* Should I create a synonym dictionary which contains word
translations en-de instead of synonyms en-en?
* Any hints to related work where FTS has been used in a multilingual context?

:Stefan