Re: postgresql "init script" for postgres 9.2.15

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: postgresql "init script" for postgres 9.2.15
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Steve Langlois <steve.langlois@tavve.com> writes:
> Thank you but in our appliance, we are not running postgres as a service, we are running it programatically with this
script,call postmaster to start it for instance instead of using the service framework. Is there an equivalent in 9.x
ordoes it now have to run as a service. I was able to modify the script to get 9.2 to run but I was hoping this script
hadbeen updated for 9.x. The current script uses --auth='ident sameuser' when calling initdb for instance which is not
supportedin 9.2.

You could try looking in the Fedora 15 RPMs --- that was the last
non-systemd Fedora release, I believe.  It looks like Fedora was on
Postgres 9.0.x at that point, so you might still need to do a bit more
fiddling to get it to work with PG 9.2; but it'd be closer than scripts
intended for 8.2, for sure.

Keep in mind that scripts like this are distro-maintained, not maintained
by the Postgres core project; and they tend to get a LOT more churn caused
by distro-specific issues than churn caused by Postgres changes.  It's
not really clear to me that you want to do anything except make whatever
changes you have to in the scripts you already have.  You may spend more
time dealing with useless-to-you changes than you save by not doing your
own research on what changed in Postgres.

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: postgresql "init script" for postgres 9.2.15
От: Stefan Keller
Сообщение: FTS with more than one language in body and with unknown query language?