Re: GSoC proposal - "make an unlogged table logged"

От Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Тема Re: GSoC proposal - "make an unlogged table logged"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 12:36 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabriziomello@gmail.com> writes:
> > Do you think is difficult to implement "ALTER TABLE ... SET UNLOGGED" too?
> > Thinking in a scope of one GSoC, of course.
>
> I think it's basically the same thing.  You might hope to optimize it;
> but you have to create (rather than remove) an init fork, and there's
> no way to do that in exact sync with the commit.  So for safety I think
> you have to copy the data into a new relfilenode.

Well, the same thing that 'vacuum full' does, but changing relpersistence to RELPERSISTENCE_UNLOGGED for the new relfilenode. Is this?

Regards,

--
Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Consultoria/Coaching PostgreSQL
>> Timbira: http://www.timbira.com.br
>> Blog sobre TI: http://fabriziomello.blogspot.com
>> Perfil Linkedin: http://br.linkedin.com/in/fabriziomello
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/fabriziomello

Сообщение: Re: pg_ctl status with nonexistent data directory
Сообщение: Re: pg_ctl status with nonexistent data directory