Re: lo_import

От Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Тема Re: lo_import
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Em 3 de janeiro de 2012 17:05, Maurício Cruz <cruz@sygecom.com.br> escreveu:
Hi all,

Hi Mauricio,

I'm trying to use lo_import to import a file into my database, if I execute from postgres runing in my local machine
it works perfectly, but if I do it in the postgres runing in the server, it says "No such file or directory"

It's the default behavior.

I Guess postgres only see file on the machine it is runing and not through the network...
I will have to upload the file into the server and then use import  ?   is there any other way ?

The lo_import/lo_export functions read/write files in the same file system where postgres server is running [1]...

If you need send some file from your client to your database server you must verify the implementation of libpq API in your programming language to use another functions (lo_creat, lo_open, lo_write, lo_read) to create LOs from your client side of connection into your server  [2].

Another way is using "psql" client program [3] to import/export large objects.

--
Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Consultoria/Coaching PostgreSQL