Re: pl/perl and utf-8 in sql_ascii databases

От Alex Hunsaker
Тема Re: pl/perl and utf-8 in sql_ascii databases
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Alex Hunsaker's message of vie feb 10 16:53:05 -0300 2012:
>
>> Seems like we missed the fact that we still did SvUTF8_on() in sv2cstr
>> and SvPVUTF8() when turning a perl string into a cstring.
>
> Right.
>
> So I played a bit with this patch, and touched it a bit mainly just to
> add some more comments; and while at it I noticed that some of the
> functions in Util.xs might leak some memory, so I made an attempt to
> plug them, as in the attached patch (which supersedes yours).

I think most of these leaks go back to 9.0. Dunno if its worth
backpatching them...

> to test the problem in the original report, I notice that we now have a
> regression failure:

> I'm not really sure what to do here -- maybe have a second expected file
> for that test is a good enough answer?  Or should I just take the test
> out?  Opinions please.

I think we have broken that check twice so it seems like it would be
nice to keep. But I don't feel *to* strongly about it.

The comment and cleanups all look good to me.

Thanks!