Re: Upgrading from 9.1 to 9.2 in place, same machine

От Vincent Lau
Тема Re: Upgrading from 9.1 to 9.2 in place, same machine
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 2:02 PM, ktm@rice.edu <ktm@rice.edu> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 03:46:28PM -0500, lxnf98mm@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jul 2013, Vincent Lau wrote:
>
> how would pg_upgrade be used to upgrade to a new machine
> use nfs?
> would i run pg_upgrade on the new server?

I would replicate to the new server from the old using WAL to get
an up to date copy of the DB. Shutdown the new copy and run pg_upgrade.
Then you can fallback to the old system if there is a problem.

Regards,
Ken

Either that, or I was thinking about doing a backup of the live cluster and restore it to a test cluster. Then pg_upgrade the test cluster. Yes. It's a little bit of work and I am sure there should be a better way to g about doing this.

At least after all these, Oliver would be able to know how long it truly takes to upgrade.

Vincent Lau | Database Administrator
503.284.7581 x394 | vincent.lau@rentrak.com
RENTRAK | www.rentrak.com | NASDAQ: RENT

Notice: This message is confidential and is intended only for the
recipient(s) named above. If you have received this message in error,
or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the
sender and delete this message.