Re: Upgrading from 9.1 to 9.2 in place, same machine

От Vincent Lau
Тема Re: Upgrading from 9.1 to 9.2 in place, same machine
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
We did an in-place upgrade(with the -k option) against a 6Tb DB from 8.4 to 9.2. It took all of 10 minutes to complete, which didn't count for running the analyze afterward. However, if you are going to run the analyze DB afterward, your mileage may vary.

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 11:52 AM, Wells Oliver <wellsoliver@gmail.com> wrote:
Can anyone speak to the speed of pg_upgrade? Our database is 153GB. From 9.1 to 9.2, I'm nervous it might take hours. If it were less than hour, downtime would be more acceptable.

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Jonathan Nalley <jnalley@jnalley.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Wells Oliver <wellsoliver@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have 9.1 running on 5432, and 9.2 running on 5433. The 9.1 database size
> is 153g. 9.1 is actively used by systems, 9.2 is just sitting there empty.
>
> I'd like to move the 9.1 database to 9.2 without any down time, and ensuring
> that no data is lost.
>
> My original idea was to make 9.2 a slave of 9.1, then switch it over.
>
> Is there a better idea? Thanks for any tips.

have you looked at simply using pg_upgrade ?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/pgupgrade.html

> --
> Wells Oliver
> wellsoliver@gmail.com

Wells Oliver
wellsoliver@gmail.com

--
Vincent Lau | Database Administrator
503.284.7581 x394 | vincent.lau@rentrak.com

Notice: This message is confidential and is intended only for the
recipient(s) named above. If you have received this message in error,
or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the
sender and delete this message.

Сообщение: Re: Upgrading from 9.1 to 9.2 in place, same machine
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading from 9.1 to 9.2 in place, same machine