Re: BUG #13888: pg_dump write error

От Vladimir Kunschikov
Тема Re: BUG #13888: pg_dump write error
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
pg_dump: could not write to output file: Success
>We don't make any attempt to support filesystems that require retries

Filesystem: VFAT on usb media.Seems like short write was caused not by
filesystem but by gzwrite(), since pg_dump was called with `-F d` switch:

pg_dump -U *** -d **** -v -j 2 -t "alert_counters" -t "aggr_alert_counters"
-t "alerts*" -t "payloads*" -F d -f
"/media/usb0/backup_963871436_2016-01-18_09-16-12"

I think there was EAGAIN error. We are solving this problem now by
suggesting to users  rerun of the backup script. I've attached small patch
to the ahwrite() function in my previous posting (it is waiting for the
moderation  approval ).