Re: BUG #13888: pg_dump write error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #13888: pg_dump write error
Дата
Re: BUG #13888: pg_dump write error  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: BUG #13888: pg_dump write error  (Vladimir Kunschikov <kunschikov@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 1:08 AM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Yeah, I noticed this and similar lacks of error checks in pg_dump in
>> code review, which I didn't get around to patching.  Care to submit a
>> patch?

> Indeed, with a closer look there are things like tarWrite that can
> return 0 and trigger WRITE_ERROR_EXIT with the same thing. Couldn't we
> simply check for errno = 0 and generate a more generic error message
> instead? Or are you willing at replacing all those things with just
> exit_horribly()?

I do not understand these claims that there isn't an error check there.
There surely is.  But fwrite() didn't set errno.

The real question is why did he get a short write in the first place.
We don't make any attempt to support filesystems that require retries,
which seems to be what is going on here.  Should we?