Re: tcp_keepalives settings not being set

От Dave Hughes
Тема Re: tcp_keepalives settings not being set
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thank you!  That change allowed me to view those parameters.  I had no idea i wasn't connecting via TCP.

Thanks again!

On Wed, Dec 4, 2019 at 9:54 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Dave Hughes <dhughes20@gmail.com> writes:
> We have PostgreSQL 10.5 installed on RHEL 6 and I’m new to both.  I’m in
> the process of completing STIGs (Security Technical Implementation Guides)
> for the Department of Defense.  One of the STIGs mentions that we must
> ensure our tcp_keepalives settings are configured in the postgresql.conf
> file.  I currently have these settings set to:
> Tcp_keepalives_idle = 60
> Tcp_keepalives_interval = 60
> Tcp_keepalives_count = 2
> I restarted the database and then ran SHOW_ALL; but it showed all 3
> parameters set to 0.

These will read as zeroes if you're using a non-TCP connection (ie
Unix socket).  Try it after "psql -h localhost" instead of just "psql".