Re: [HACKERS] Re: Poor cost estimate with interaction between tablecorrelation and partial indexes

От Michael Malis
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Poor cost estimate with interaction between tablecorrelation and partial indexes
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Re: Poor cost estimate with interaction between tablecorrelation and partial indexes  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
(Sorry David. I initially replied only to you)

Ok. I've attached a patch of a proof-of-concept. I have a few
questions about tests.

What is typical workflow to add tests for changes to the planner? Also
I ran make check and it appears one of the existing tests is failing.
What is a typical way for going about discovering why the query plan
for a specific query changed? Also, how should I go about changing the
old test? Should I replace the old test output with the new test
output or modify the old test slightly to get it to produce the same
case as before?

Thanks,
Michael