Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions

От Ajin Cherian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 9:08 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 6:34 PM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > KNOWN ISSUES: This v85 patch was built and tested using yesterday's
> > master, but due to lots of recent activity in the replication area I
> > expect it will be broken for HEAD very soon (if not already). I'll
> > rebase it again ASAP to try to keep it in working order.
> >

> Please find attached the latest patch set v86*

I've modified the patchset based on comments received on thread [1]
for the CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT
changes. Based on the request from that thread, I've taken out those
changes as two new patches (patch-1 and patch-2)
and made this into 5 patches. I've also changed the logic to align
with the changes in the command syntax.

I've also addressed one pending comment from Amit about
CreateInitDecodingContext, I've taken out the logic that
sets slot->data.two_phase, and only kept the logic that sets ctx->twophase.

Before:

- ctx->twophase &= MyReplicationSlot->data.two_phase;
+ ctx->twophase &= (ctx->twophase_opt_given || slot->data.two_phase);
+
+ /* Mark slot to allow two_phase decoding if not already marked */
+ if (ctx->twophase && !slot->data.two_phase)
+ {
+ slot->data.two_phase = true;
+ ReplicationSlotMarkDirty();
+ ReplicationSlotSave();
+ }

After:

- ctx->twophase &= MyReplicationSlot->data.two_phase;
+ ctx->twophase &= slot->data.two_phase;

[1] - https://postgr.es/m/64b9f783c6e125f18f88fbc0c0234e34e71d8639.camel@j-davis.com

regards,
Ajin Cherian
Fujitsu Australia