Re: SQLAlchemy updates for check tables.

От Khushboo Vashi
Тема Re: SQLAlchemy updates for check tables.
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 3:14 PM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 9:58 AM Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 2:17 PM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 6:37 AM Nikhil Mohite <nikhil.mohite@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Hackers,

Please find the attached patch for SQLAlchemy updates for check table is present in the database or not. (This will resolve load and dump server.)

How come this upstream change didn't fail the regression tests?
Flask-SQLAlchemy is dependent on SQLAlchemy and which is an indirect dependency of pgAdmin, so if the installed version of Flask-SQLAlchemy is the latest one, it will be skipped.

Sure, but the regression test runs on the buildfarm build the venv from scratch on every run (as happens when we build the packages themselves). So I can see why local regression runs might have passed (as developers generally don't recreate their venv's from scratch before testing), but I would expect to have seen failures on the buildfarm.

The reason for not failing the test cases is, the old version of SQLAlchemy is being installed as a Flask-Migration dependency through the requirements.txt file. So, if we explicitly install Flask-SQLAlchemy, then only this issue is reproducible.