Re: pgAdmin4 PATCH: Domain Module

От Khushboo Vashi
Тема Re: pgAdmin4 PATCH: Domain Module
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 2:55 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 9:18 AM, Khushboo Vashi
<khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

>>> - Owner and schema should be allowed to be left blank (and then default
>>> to the current user/schema)
>
> Done

Oh, sorry - that design changed a while back, and I've updated all the
existing nodes already. I thought I'd mentioned that. All we do now is
pre-set the default values for those two fields.
I have done in this way only. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
>>> - When adding constraints, I should be able to type directly into the
>>> grid. Expanding the row should be optional.
>
> I have made the grid non-editable explicitly as the Check constraint control
> is multi-line control and right now there is no support in the grid for the
> multi-line control.

Not sure I follow - the mockup design you sent months ago allowed you
to type into the grid, and expand a row to show all fields if you
wanted. That is an *absolutely essential* feature enhancement for
pgAdmin 4 - it's required by the table design (though this will change
a little in other ways, like positioning of the expand row button),
and should be used here:
https://www.lucidchart.com/documents/edit/610ce42d-c397-48ff-a5e7-bd92c4995715/0

All other controls other than text-area are supported in back-grid.
I will try to incorporate text-area as well, so we can directly type into the grid for this control also.

>>> - The comment column on the constraints grid expands when the text
>>> reaches ~50% of the width. It should be a fixed size (and use 100% of the
>>> space available, less appropriate margins)
>
> I have applied the size for the each header of the grid, but if the given
> input will be without space in the grid then it will expand. For this, we
> can make table layout fixed. So, please suggest, should I do that or not?

Yes, I think it should be fixed. If the grid row is expanded,
presumably it'll show in a multi-line field anyway? Plus the
properties will use a multi-line field as well.

Okay.
--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com