Re: [pgAdmin4][Pattch] - RM #3673 - "Download as .csv" F8 does NOTwork when one of joined files is a TEMPORARY file

От Khushboo Vashi
Тема Re: [pgAdmin4][Pattch] - RM #3673 - "Download as .csv" F8 does NOTwork when one of joined files is a TEMPORARY file
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 3:08 PM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 9:08 AM Khushboo Vashi
<khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 4:12 PM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 6:56 AM Khushboo Vashi
>> <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Please find the attached patch to fix the RM #3673 - "Download as .csv" F8 does NOT work when one of joined files is a TEMPORARY file
>> >
>> > To fix this issue, used the existing query tool connection instead of a new connection to download the CSV file.
>>
>> That side of it seems to work well, however, I can still attempt to
>> execute queries in the tool whilst it's running. We need to display
>> the same gray screen with the spinner whilst a CSV download is
>> executing as we do when a normal query is executing. We also need to
>> ensure the button bar behaves appropriately - e.g. the execute options
>> should be disabled, the cancel button should be enabled etc.
>>
> We use an iframe to download the CSV file. So, after attaching the proper URL to the iframe, the browser handles the download part.
> So, the main problem is catching the event after the download completes.
>
> Any suggestion?

We only used the iframe because we wanted to make it run
asynchronously didn't we?
Yes, that's right. By using iframe the query tool page remains as it is and side by side we download the file.
So, now I can think of only one solution, to set a cookie just to verify that the report has been sent to the browser and the connection is now free now.
As that's no longer a concern....

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: [pgAdmin4][Pattch] - RM #3673 - "Download as .csv" F8 does NOTwork when one of joined files is a TEMPORARY file