Re: [pgAdmin4][Pattch] - RM #3673 - "Download as .csv" F8 does NOTwork when one of joined files is a TEMPORARY file

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgAdmin4][Pattch] - RM #3673 - "Download as .csv" F8 does NOTwork when one of joined files is a TEMPORARY file
Дата
Ответ на Re: [pgAdmin4][Pattch] - RM #3673 - "Download as .csv" F8 does NOTwork when one of joined files is a TEMPORARY file  (Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com>)
Ответы Re: [pgAdmin4][Pattch] - RM #3673 - "Download as .csv" F8 does NOTwork when one of joined files is a TEMPORARY file  (Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 9:08 AM Khushboo Vashi
<khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 4:12 PM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 6:56 AM Khushboo Vashi
>> <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Please find the attached patch to fix the RM #3673 - "Download as .csv" F8 does NOT work when one of joined files
isa TEMPORARY file

>> > To fix this issue, used the existing query tool connection instead of a new connection to download the CSV file.
>>
>> That side of it seems to work well, however, I can still attempt to
>> execute queries in the tool whilst it's running. We need to display
>> the same gray screen with the spinner whilst a CSV download is
>> executing as we do when a normal query is executing. We also need to
>> ensure the button bar behaves appropriately - e.g. the execute options
>> should be disabled, the cancel button should be enabled etc.
>>
> We use an iframe to download the CSV file. So, after attaching the proper URL to the iframe, the browser handles the
downloadpart.

> So, the main problem is catching the event after the download completes.
>
> Any suggestion?

We only used the iframe because we wanted to make it run
asynchronously didn't we? As that's no longer a concern....

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: [pgAdmin4][Pattch] - RM #3673 - "Download as .csv" F8 does NOTwork when one of joined files is a TEMPORARY file