Re: authentication fail

От Khushboo Vashi
Тема Re: authentication fail
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 12:39 AM Michael Eschweiler <michael.eschweiler@web.de> wrote:
Hi there,

I am using postgresql 12 on Linux opensuse Leap 15.2.
In 'former times' with my postgresql-db I used pgadmin3. It was nice and
tiny, and I was happy.
Now, with pgadmin4 I am not able to connect to my server. There is no
problem with pgsql nor with knoda even from another computer but with
pgadmin4 I always get an authentication error. In pg_hba.conf I changed
all connections to 'trust' - but no way!
Is there a verbose-mode for pgadmin4 in order to see what is happening?

It should work with pgAdmin as you have no problem with psql.
You can enable logging to check the issue, please refer https://www.pgadmin.org/faq/#8 to enable it.
Also, you can provide the screen-shot of the error you are getting, so we can help you.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Michael

By the way: Is there a way to get rid of this annoying nag screen
telling me every time I start pgadmin that there is a new version? My
version came with the distro
You can disable the version check by setting UPGRADE_CHECK_ENABLED parameter to False, refer https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/4.29/config_py.html for the. same.

Thanks,
Khushboo