Re: deadlock of lock-waits (on transaction and on tuple) using same update statement

От Andrej Vanek
Тема Re: deadlock of lock-waits (on transaction and on tuple) using same update statement
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Bill,

thanks for your answer.

most often caused by something earlier in the transactions
 need all of the statements in each transaction

It would be great if we could reveal an application error.

Whole transactions I've already posted (in postgres log: log_min_duration_statement=0).
Nothing suspicious yet:
- both sessions COMMIT/ROLLBACK before BEGIN
- both sessions run the same SQL statements
- deadlock: FIRST statement of both transactions
- deadlock: update single table, same row, column without any constraints (WHY?)
- no statements of other sessions executed in between

Any idea?

thanks, Andrej