vacuum full suddently took extremely long

От Bert
Тема vacuum full suddently took extremely long
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

yesterday, in the process of bloat control, our maintenance script decided to do a vacuum full on a table, because there was more than 50% free space / dead records due to a massive update.

The table normally takes about 20minutes to do a vacuum full (int he last couple of months we already did this 2 times), but this time it took over 8hours, while the table did not grow significantly.

Does anyone has an idea what could have triggered the vacuum go this slow?

wkr,
Bert

--
Bert Desmet