Re: speed up unicode normalization quick check

От John Naylor
Тема Re: speed up unicode normalization quick check
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 10:38 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
John Naylor <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 2:16 AM Peter Eisentraut <
> peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Could you adjust the generation script so that the resulting header file
>> passes the git whitespace check?  Check the output of
>> git show --check 80f8eb79e24d9b7963eaf17ce846667e2c6b6e6f

> My git manual says:
> The above would mean we should have errors for every function whose
> parameters are lined with the opening paren, so I don't see why it would
> fire in this case. Is the manual backwards?

Probably not, but our whitespace rules are not git's default.
See .gitattributes at the top level of a git checkout

I see, I should have looked for that when Michael mentioned it. We could left-justify instead, as in the attached. If it were up to me, though, I'd just format it like pgindent expects, even if not nice looking. It's just a bunch of numbers.

--
John Naylor
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company