Re: Why are stored procedures looked on so negatively?

От Aaron Abreu
Тема Re: Why are stored procedures looked on so negatively?
Дата
Re: Why are stored procedures looked on so negatively?  (Vincenzo Romano <vincenzo.romano@notorand.it>)
Re: Why are stored procedures looked on so negatively?  (Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
a NON-technical version...

st.procedures and automation are great...

but...
sounds like everybody is dancing around the main theme..
so lets say it....
that dreaded word that developers and DBA's cring to hear...
the one part of our job that we all hate...

DOCUMENTATION !!!!!

My worst fear is simply this...
having to fix something somebody else wrote.. and they
are not there anymore..... and the only documentation is the code itself..
been there... on a few occasions just had to write something new...