Re: rsync and streaming replication

От Cédric Villemain
Тема Re: rsync and streaming replication
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
2011/11/16 Jean-Armel Luce <jaluce06@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Today I tried to promote a slave as master using rsync --checksum (without
> doing vacuum freeze) instead of rsync --all.
>
> It takes only 30 minutes with rsync --checksum.  Only a few tables are
> rsynced. Most of the time is consumed by checksum.
> With rsync --all, it takes 1h40 min.
>
> So, rsync --checksum looks better than rsync --all

rsync --all does not exist, you mean --archive I bet (the longopt for
-a, a shorthand for the options below plus -Dt for device/special and
time).
Also you probably want to keep --owner --group  --perms  --recursive
(or you do file by file with a find or something like that ?)

--
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
http://2ndQuadrant.fr/

Сообщение: Re: rsync and streaming replication
Сообщение: Re: rsync and streaming replication