Re: Add socket dir to pg_config..?

От Cédric Villemain
Тема Re: Add socket dir to pg_config..?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2011/10/28 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
>>   Was just wondering if we might want to include the default socket
>>   directory that was compiled in as part of the pg_config output..?
>
> [ shrug... ]  We don't report the compiled-in port number, which is
> considerably more critical.  And we don't report changes in any of the
> other stuff in pg_config_manual.h.
>
> MHO is that changing the socket directory is only marginally supported,
> and we shouldn't encourage it unless we're prepared to fully support it
> (which we can't really).

There is a TODO about that.
      Allow simpler reporting of the unix domain socket directory and allow      easier configuration of its default
location
      * http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-10/msg01555.php

Last time the subject came in, the result was that pg_config may
output it, but the solution that most people seems to agree at this
time was to add a configure option. Except that we didn't want to
encourage people to change the default_socket_dir, so a documentation
update in this direction was suggested to be done at the same time the
switch is added to PostgreSQL.

--
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
http://2ndQuadrant.fr/