Re: PgAdmin 4.2 unable to connect to AWS Postgres read-replica instances

От Bawol, Brian
Тема Re: PgAdmin 4.2 unable to connect to AWS Postgres read-replica instances
Дата
Re: PgAdmin 4.2 unable to connect to AWS Postgres read-replicainstances  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
It looks like this is the query that occurs at the same time:

STATEMENT:  SET DateStyle=ISO; SET client_min_messages=notice;UPDATE pg_settings SET setting = 'escape'    WHERE name = 'bytea_output';SET client_encoding='UNICODE';

Does this help?

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 1:47 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
"Bawol, Brian" <brian.bawol@freightverify.com> writes:
> My co-worker and I are both receiving the following error message when
> attempting to connect to AWS Postgres 10.4 (and 10.6) database instances
> using PgAdmin 4.2:

> "ERROR: cannot execute SELECT in a read-only transaction"

That seems pretty strange.  What's the actual underlying query that's
failing?  (The server log should show that, as a appendage to the
occurrence of this error, even if PgAdmin won't tell you.)