Re: Puzzline CROSS JOIN when doing RECURSIVE CTE

От Pól Ua Laoínecháin
Тема Re: Puzzline CROSS JOIN when doing RECURSIVE CTE
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Alban, and many thanks for your input.

> My first question is why you’re using a recursive CTE here? This doesn’t appear to be hierarchical data (such as a
tree),unless perhaps you intended to actually traverse the HTML document hierarchy?

This is basically an exercise on my part.

The question that I'm trying to answer  is here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/70574881/how-can-get-html-inner-tag-in-posgresql

I've already answered it in 3 different ways - but I was trying to do
it with RCTEs in order to improve my comprehension of them.

So, basically, I want to pick out a subsection of text from a "passage".

So then, I wanted to establish a true/false state for the lines that I
want and don't want, going through line by line. I know that the RCTE
is  a very contrived way of doing this, but it's for learning really.

I wonder if you could be so kind as to give me  a "skeleton" RCTE for
this - I've been staring at this for hours - and it's not that I'm
lazy or haven't studied RCTEs - I wrote this RCTE

https://stackoverflow.com/a/71674990/470530

recently, so it's not as if I'm completely ignorant of RCTEs - I'm
just stuck in a rut. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA and rgs,

Pól...

От: Adrian Ho
Сообщение: Re: Error dydl : image not found when trying to install pg on Catalina
От: Achilleas Mantzios
Сообщение: Re: What do you guys use for issue tracking, CI/CD and team management? any nice open source options?