Re: PostgreSQL, Asynchronous I/O, Buffered I/O and why did fsync-gate not affect Oracle or MySQL?

От Pól Ua Laoínecháin
Тема Re: PostgreSQL, Asynchronous I/O, Buffered I/O and why did fsync-gate not affect Oracle or MySQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Vijay, and thanks for your input.

> This wiki page.
> It has PR references for mysql and mongo for the fsycnc issue.
> Fsync Errors - PostgreSQL wiki

OK - so that shows that it did affect MySQL and MongoDB... I'm
surprised that there wasn't more of a brouhaha over it so - what with
MySQL being so prevalent - there appears to have been more coverage of
the issue on the PostgreSQL side - even given that it was first
spotted by PG developers.

> I'd leave the more intellectual brainstorming to the experts.

Indeed - some of those dev list conversations can be very involved...

Rgs,

Pól...