Using PGTune - is it a good source for system configuration?

От Pól Ua Laoínecháin
Тема Using PGTune - is it a good source for system configuration?
Дата
Re: Using PGTune - is it a good source for system configuration?  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
Список pgsql-novice
Hi all,

I used PGTune to obtain system configuration recommendations. I'm
wondering if these can be taken as "gospel" or are there any caveats
or "gotchas" to be aware of?

Below is my config and the recommendations - any comments, advice,
URLs or anything else anybody else might find useful appreciated!

# DB Version: 13
# OS Type: linux
# DB Type: mixed
# Total Memory (RAM): 32 GB
# CPUs num: 2
# Data Storage: ssd

max_connections = 100
shared_buffers = 8GB
effective_cache_size = 24GB
maintenance_work_mem = 2GB
checkpoint_completion_target = 0.9
wal_buffers = 16MB
default_statistics_target = 100
random_page_cost = 1.1
effective_io_concurrency = 200
work_mem = 41943kB
min_wal_size = 1GB
max_wal_size = 4GB
max_worker_processes = 2
max_parallel_workers_per_gather = 1
max_parallel_workers = 2
max_parallel_maintenance_workers = 1

Should you require any further information, please don't hesitate to
get back to me here on-list.

TIA and rgs,

Pól...