Re: Problem compiling PostgreSQL.

От Paul Linehan
Тема Re: Problem compiling PostgreSQL.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi and thanks for replying,

> I tend to install ICUs versions into their own directories rather
> than /usr/local, and use Debian rather than Fedora, but you
> might try PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

I <hangs head in shame...> have figured it out. It all boils down to
actually taking the time and effort to RTFM...

In the readme.html - there is the following line:

Run the runConfigureICU script for your platform. (See configuration
note below).

So, I ran ./runConfigureICU Linux --prefix=/usr, and **then** ran
make, sudo make install and it's compiled.

Sorry for wasting everybody's time - it's just that, nowadays, I have
a Pavlovian response if I see an executable configure in the source
directory!

I'm going to send them an email (annoyed from Dublin) to say that they
could put an INSTALL file with this in it - although it is really my
fault! :-(

Go raibh maith agat/Merci encore,

Pól...