Re: Problem compiling PostgreSQL.

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: Problem compiling PostgreSQL.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
    Paul Linehan wrote:

> Now, I've installed the icu libraries using the classic ./configure, make
> and sudo make install.

So it got installed under /usr/local

> collationcmds.c:(.text+0xe36): undefined reference to `uloc_getAvailable_61'
> collationcmds.c:(.text+0xe5b): undefined reference to
> `uloc_toLanguageTag_61'

61 is ICU's major version number.
You have two ICU versions installed, one from Fedora, with
its icu*.pc config files located in usr/lib64/pkgconfig, the other
(presumably v61, as it's the latest) in /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/
Without specifying which one should be used, it looks like
Postgres get them mixed between compilation and link.

To use self-compiled ICU, I've been having success
configuring postgres with:

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/path/to/icu/lib/pkgconfig \
./configure --with-icu [other flags]

I tend to install ICUs versions into their own directories rather
than /usr/local, and use Debian rather than Fedora, but you
might try PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité
Twitter: @DanielVerite

Сообщение: Re: Problem compiling PostgreSQL.
Сообщение: Re: Problem compiling PostgreSQL.