Re: UTF-8 docs

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: UTF-8 docs
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 2:04 AM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:
>> Arguments pro and contra diagrams are not the central focus of SGML to
>> XML conversion, nevertheless: "Diagrams" didn't mean any binary format
>> - only SVN or any other text-format is acceptable. And: if the SVN
>> source is generated by any program like Inkscape it tends to get
>> unreadable. But if we develop a SVN-library with our own predefined
>> graphical elements, the SVN source gets very clear. The discussion of
>> 2011 mentioned below was continued in 2016:
>> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/5690218B.9060103%40purtz.de.
>
> Oh I didn't know that. Thank you for pointing it out. I hope this work
> will be included in 10.0.

We discussed diagrams in docs at PGCon-2016. Heikki's attempt is here
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Figures_%26_Pics_in_Docs and Emre
made even better using markdeep https://casual-effects.com/markdeep/
I attached his version and it looks very interesting (open it in firefox).

Diagrams made in this way don't need any new tools to learn.

Oleg