Re: UTF-8 docs

От Alexander Law
Тема Re: UTF-8 docs
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
24.08.2016 09:58, Tatsuo Ishii пишет:
> Please look at the attached .pot for one of the doc files. You can use
>> any translation software (which supports .po (e.g. poedit, Lokalize,
>> ...)) to translate it to any language.
>> And you can look at all the docs converted to .po for translation:
>> http://oc.postgrespro.ru/index.php/s/puEJKoUwbZ3dia5/download
> Ok, the idea is, each sentence in the doc are regarded as "very long
> message". Interesting. Looks better than "replacing SGML contents with
> translated contents" (which Japanese doc project is doing for now).
Yes, the DocBook format has the natural blocks such as <para>, <title>,
<indexterm>, ... which could be translated as the separate text
fragments. So it's the question of the most accurate mapping of those
blocks to .po fragments and back. (We use for it customized xml2po from
gnome-doc-utils but there are another programs too.) All the other text
processing could be done with the rich gettext toolset.

> Unfortunately I can't read Japanese and don't understand how Japanese
> FreeBSD team works (and why cant it use the gettext technologies) ,
> but the main FreeBSD Documentation team is moving to PO (see
> https://www.bsdcan.org/2016/schedule/track/Hacking/680.en.html).
Please look at the presentation, and the
http://wonkity.com/~wblock/translation/translation.pdf -- these
documents greatly explain all the challenges of the pre-existing
approach and the solutions.