Re: Unexplained Major Vacuum Archive Activity During Vacuum

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: Unexplained Major Vacuum Archive Activity During Vacuum
Дата
Re: Unexplained Major Vacuum Archive Activity During Vacuum  (Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 1 November 2012 17:19, Shaun Thomas <sthomas@optionshouse.com> wrote:
> On 11/01/2012 10:28 AM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Based on my past experience with 8.2, and my understanding of 9.1, I
> moved autovacuum_freeze_max_age up to 650M so we'd never get a mid-day
> freeze. And the default for vacuum_freeze_table_age is 150M, which I hadn't
> changed.

Instead of attempting to postpone freeze until beyond the life
expectancy of our universe, what you probably should have done is
vacuum more often so that vacuum has less work to do.