Re: [pgadmin-support] Help for Migration

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: [pgadmin-support] Help for Migration
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7 December 2011 10:08,  <Mamatha_Kagathi_Chan@dell.com> wrote:
> The procedure definition is
> CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE

> -- So I am not calling a function but a procedure.

I don't think CREATE PROCEDURE is actually a valid command in
Postgres. The 9.0 documentation seems to confirm that
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/sql-commands.html).

In Postgres, "procedures" are void-returning functions - there's no
difference. It's just a naming convention.

Perhaps you're using some 3rd party code for MS-SQL compatibility? I
imagine CREATE PROCEDURE would then be a simple wrapper around CREATE
FUNCTION ... RETURNING void.

Heh, didn't know you could define DEFAULT argument values like that,
but it seems you can!