Re: [HACKERS] INSERT ... ON CONFLICT UPDATE/IGNORE 4.0

От Geoff Winkless
Тема Re: [HACKERS] INSERT ... ON CONFLICT UPDATE/IGNORE 4.0
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Omitted only has one m.

There's an extra space in "error . (See".

Otherwise it reads fine to me, although I've only skimmed it.

I may have misunderstood: there is only one ON CONFLICT action allowed? I thought the previous version suggested multiple possible targets and actions, this suggests that while there can be multiple targets the action is always the same.

So I thought I could have

INSERT INTO distributors (did, dname)
  ON CONFLICT (did) UPDATE dname=target.dname
  ON CONFLICT (dname) DO NOTHING;

Did I misunderstand?

Finally there's no

INSERT INTO distributors (did, dname)
  SELECT did, dname FROM otherdists
ON CONFLICT (did) DO NOTHING;

example (or similar); do we think people will be smart enough to realise that's possible without one?

Geoff