Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT IGNORE (and UPDATE) 3.0

От Geoff Winkless
Тема Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT IGNORE (and UPDATE) 3.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 23 April 2015 at 14:50, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> ​Maybe I'm misreading it, but isn't index_predicate meant to be inside the
> brackets?
>
> http://postgres-benchmarks.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/on-conflict-docs/sql-insert.html

That has changed since.

​Oh, helpful. :)​

​I'll shut up. I have a feeling that my objection is really with the very idea of unreserved keywords and I have a feeling that there will be rather more people shouting me down if I go off on that particular rant; meanwhile it's 20 years since I used yacc in earnest and it's too hazy to be able to argue about what it is or isn't capable of.

When I set out I was really only hoping to express a preference as a user; on balance I would really rather not have DO IGNORE, if it were possible to avoid, because it's really ugly, but DO UPDATE/DO NOTHING I could just about cope with (and means you don't need to add IGNORE as a keyword, win!), although it still mildly pains me that there's an additional unnecessary word.

But I certainly don't object enough to hold up you guys doing the actual work for my benefit (among others, obviously!).