Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT syntax issues

От Geoff Winkless
Тема Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT syntax issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7 May 2015 at 18:37, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
I don't see a problem at all, with one exception: If we want the AS to
be optional like in a bunch of other places, we have to either promote
VALUES to a reserved keyword, only accept unreserved keywords, or play
precedence games. I think it'd be perfectly fine to not make AS
optional.

Although I've always used "AS"
​in all contexts ​
because I think the language is
​horribly ​
unclear without it, it seems obtuse to
​allow its absence
in the SQL-conforming parts of the language and not
​elsewhere
.
​Is anyone really using VALUES as a non-keyword? It's reserved in all the SQL standards, which seems like storing up trouble for anyone using it otherwise.

Geoff