Re: Thoughts on "Love Your Database"

От Geoff Winkless
Тема Re: Thoughts on "Love Your Database"
Дата
Re: Thoughts on "Love Your Database"  ("dandl" <david@andl.org>)
Список pgsql-general
On 4 May 2016 at 06:46, dandl <david@andl.org> wrote:
> I'm a strong believer in putting the business code next to the data, not the wrong
> side of the object-relational divide. However, for many the challenge of writing and
> debugging SQL code is just too high!

Your source for this statement please? "For many" sounds rather like
weasel-words to me. In my experience, a wide range of people, from
beginners to experts, find SQL easy to write and debug. I'm afraid
that the problem seems to me to be that your peg is rather too square.

> Meanwhile I'm busy replacing SQL with Andl, which can do everything SQL gets
> right and avoids most of the things it gets wrong. Look out for an implementation
> on Postgres real soon now. See http://www.andl.org/2016/04/postgres-meet-andl/.

Please, can you stop spamming every marginally-related topic in the
list with this? I'm sure that anyone who's interested in this will
have seen it in the thread you created that was actually marked with
it in the subject.

Geoff

Сообщение: Re: Thoughts on "Love Your Database"
Сообщение: Re: Thoughts on "Love Your Database"